Tuesday, July 22, 2008


Letter
Hi Class! My name is Sharon Kyle. I am a graduate student here at CSUSM and I am entering the credential program in the Fall. I got my undergraduate degree in Spanish and Biblical Studies from Biola University. Although I am from California born and raised, I have done quite a bit of traveling. I enjoy cultural, language and exploring the beauty of a diverse world. I am a free spirit and have quite an open mind. I was raised in a strict Christian home and as a product I attended Calvary Chapel Murrieta Christian School for my high school duration. Although it was an isolated community without little tollerance for diversity, I did find that I made many close friends there that I still keep in touch with today!

My experience with technology is strictly self-based. I am really looking forward to this class believe it or not I feel like I have already learned allot. My technological knowledge stretches only as far as I have ventured based on need and leisure. I will be the first to tell you that I am not the most technologically savvy but I will also be the first to admit that it is the way of the future and thus I must learn it. The truth is it is evident that technology truly has the potential to simplify our lives in many ways some productive. In other sometime it has the tendency to loose the personal touch that snail mail and a personal phone call can bring. At an rate, I look forward to learning new ways to implement technology not only in my personal life but also in the classroom.

I must say that I appreciate the mission statements ideals. I did not take the time to look at the missions statement before I applied for the credential program. I applied to CSUSM because of there education departments reputation. Yet, I believe very strongly that the reason I was accepted into the program is because by beliefs about education are very congruent with that of the education department. One aspect in particular is "life long learning", I believe that learning truly never stops we need to realize as educators that our society is constantly improving upon itself and it is our job to stay on top of things. Moreover, it is essential to realize as human being we also are evolving and changing, hopefully continually trying to improve upon ourselves.

No comments: