Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Journal #5

In today’s new era of technology communication is potentially alot easier to facilitate and not just a one way conversation but a two way conversation. You can not only inform your staff, parents and community of thing but you also can hear their feedback on programs such as Web 2.0, face book and google doc’s. It is important when sending out mass information that you not only know you audience. It is also easy to undo misconceptions when using these mass communication devices. It is per se a way to have a meeting with out ever getting together, which saves time and is a huge deal being that the world seems to spinning faster and faster every day. I really liked that one principal Spent a day touring his school and put all the pictures and info he learned on a blog. That was a great way to keep the community connected and that is our ultimate goal. We no longer have to send things home in children’s backpacks hoping that they might actually show them to their parents but not we can take advantage of these great advances in education.

Question 1: How do I think I will keep parents connected to the classroom?

I think I will have a blog for my classroom where I can post pictures of activities and posts updating parents and staff about what is going on in my classroom and give them the opportunity to comment. This will help me gain an understanding of their attitudes, preferences and ideas. I will also use email for more personal matters.

Question 2: How can I use this technology in my personal life as well?

I could create a blog or website for my wedding to keep people posted about my wedding. I would use Facebook or Myspace to find old friends that perhaps I had lost touch with.

References

Soule, H (8/1/08). Transforming School Communities. Inetnational Society for Teaching in Education, Retrieved 8/5/08, from http://www.iste.org/

No comments: